Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Are we Crazy?

I wonder that same question several times a day I think. Sometimes I think that we are more than crazy, just plain insane. I was just watching out our front window at the concrete spilling into the forms and can hear the nail guns shooting nails to hang the trusses on the garage. This morning I got everything submitted for entry to a Parade of Homes that will be in September. As if having a baby is not enough we have to add into the mix some remodeling, a parade of homes that needs decorating, a new garage, yard work and whatever other great and fabulous idea I have. Sometimes I think it would have been easier to just build a new house. And we will someday anyway. But whatever pain it causes, mostly mental, I am very grateful that we are capable of doing these things.

Since Reagan has been in a big bed I have decided that it is a similar transition to having a new baby. It takes a while for them to go to sleep and just when you yourself have drifted into sleep you hear crying or falling off the bed. You sleep for a few hours only to hear crying again, except this time it is 5:30 in the morning and she is awake for the day. So instead of pregnancy waking me up to go to the bathroom I can just rely on Reagan to adjust my sleeping schedule for a new baby. How delightful. This morning at 5:30 when she was sneaking into our bedroom, Brian went to pick her up and she started laughing thinking it was a game. She had her shoes on was ready to play. Yesterday is was 3:30 am that she had her shoes on. So Brian went to get in bed with her and I think he fell asleep but she didn't. So I think I need to pay a visit to the fabric store to make some blackout shades and something else for her toys and shoes maybe to go in outside of her room. What a goof!

Yesterday, Reagan was lovey dovey more than usual. Sometimes I whisper in her ear, I love Reagan and yesterday she was shoving her ear to my mouth and saying I love Reagy. That is what she calls herself. We are not sure where she got that from, but if she sees a picture of herself she points and says Reagy. At some time in the near future I will get some new pictures up of our house, my headboard that I made, and of course Reagan.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

You guys do manage to keep yourself insanely busy! But I admire that you can do it all yourself. Reagan is so funny, and I love hearing stories about her. Hopefully her sleeping will improve. Let me know if you need help while Brian is gone. I don't have much going on. :)

Becki R said...

I haven't seen Reagen in too long--I bet she is getting so big! And how thoughtful of her to get you used to waking up at all hours of the night! How are things?! When is the baby due?