Sunday, August 8, 2010

He's 2 and full of tantrums

The boy's birthday was last week.  We have spent lots of time with Brian's family the previous week but why not extend the party to Sunday for the local family.  We had cake and ice cream.  I did a golf course cake and it actually turned out really cute.  Hooray!  The bad part is that I got not a single good picture of him, him and the cake or anything else.  On his actual birthday, we went to my parent's for FHE and had a cookout (that's what we call a BBQ) and cake there too.  It was pretty low key but fun.  He got a dump trunk to play in the sand in the kids future (who know when future, hopefully soon) playhouse and sand box.


Since the birthday we have been busy everyday this last week getting haircuts, picking raspberries, don't remember Wednesday, going to the library, finally staying home on Friday and Reed's Dairy day on Saturday where my kids wanted to stand in line for 30 minutes to get ice cream, after the 30 minute line for the wagon ride.  I said no, it was 90 degrees and we can go get ice cream there anytime and not wait.  It just wasn't worth it.  Then as we were crossing the road with pouting Reagan (due to the ice cream) Jaxon did not want to hold my hand and then proceeded to flop down in the road.  I picked him up by 1 one because the other one was carrying pop and a bag and there were cars coming and finished crossing the road.

Tomorrow is our Anniversary.  8 years of marriage, two kids later and a lot of other stuff, I have the greatest person next me on this road to eternity.  I could not ask for better,  he is so good to me and we really do balance each other out in so many ways.  Love him to pieces.  He has seen me through the good, the hard times, the emotional times, the funny times and am looking forward to the future times we have together.  Happy Anniversary.  I love you.

1 comment:

mom said...

I think you mean I could NOT ask for anyone better...edit my dear sister!