Monday, February 28, 2011

Forever and a Day

I know that is has been so long since I have blogged.  There is a mostly good reason for it though.  Are you ready for it?  Brian is in school and is taking online classes and so he is occupying our main computer most of the day and the night.  Our laptop (which I have learned is a pile) hinges were broken.  So the screen would not even hold itself up unless it was supported by something.  After I looked around and realized that it was going to cost about 150 dollars to fix our barely year old computer, I decided to take matters into my own hands and fix it myself.  I ordered the hinges off of ebay, downloaded about a 100 page diagram of how to replace the hinges and went to town.  They day I did this, I had parts of laptop laying all over my bed, Brian came in and turned around and left.   It did not look good.  Well, after I took the whole laptop apart and replaced the hinges and then put everything back together, my poor keyboard wouldn't work.  I took it back apart probably 4 more times.  On the last time, the letters, a,k,d, enter and backspace worked but nothing else.  After some research, I ordered a new keyboard and fixed it again.  I am a computer repair genius.   At least I think, and no I will not repair anyone else's computer.  Although, I now know how to dissemble and assemble my computer, I do not plan on doing it again.  It did however save a lot of money by doing it myself.

That wasn't really what I wanted to blog about today, but I am so excited with my genius status right now.  On to better things, and this is way better than using the onscreen keyboard.  Although it works, it is slow.

I love it when I lose half of my post.  It is great.


Christmas 2010. 




Christmas was great this year.  I think it may have been the most meaningful Christmas yet since we have been married.  I made tons of dress up clothes for the kids and they love them.  Reagan is Snow White most days and has recently changed to Minnie.  I surprised Brian with a snowblower.  I had that up my sleeve for awhile.  It was fun.  I love surprises.  It keeps life fun and unexpected.  The sewer drain line backing up not such a great surprise however.  Back to Christmas,  This year we decided to not have Santa come to our house.  It started out by the kids never mentioning him and me never bothering to fill them in on the details.  Instead, we opted to tell them the real reason we celebrate Christmas.  As we put the nativity out and we talked about each figurine and what they meant and the baby Jesus coming to earth, I felt like our kids were young but they might get it.  As Christmas got closer, Santa still never came up and so we went with it.  I do not in any way condone any of you who choose to do the Santa thing, we just felt right about our family doing it this way.  For me, I felt like teaching my children about the Savior, helped me to be more aware of his life and his love for use.  It turned out great and when I ask Reagan why we celebrate Christmas, she tells me because baby Jesus was born.  On Christmas day,  my Grandma B. asked Reagan what Santa had brought her and she told her that Santa didn't come to our house.  My Grandma looked puzzled and my mom explained.  And it made me feel great that I was not emphasizing the commercial aspect of Christmas but the spiritual side and the real reason we celebrate.

1 comment:

terra said...

I love that you did away with Santa, I should have done that when my kids were little. You really are a genius! I missed not seeing you...I always run out of time. Next time.