Monday, February 13, 2012

New Year, I wish for a new me?

On New Year's Eve, we went to Island Park for a fun day at the cabin.  There was a family leaving the cabin as we were coming into the cabin.  I had put all of our snow clothes and stuff in a black garbage bag, because that is what you do right?  I put it behind the couch, in front of the door.  Well, when it was time to go play in the snow, I couldn't find our black bag.  It turns out that the people leaving grabbed our black bag thinking it was their stuff and took it home.  They were too far to turn around so we made do.  Jaxon wore some warm-up pants and cross country ski boots.  Reagan wore a jacket with her legs in the armholes for pants and swim shoes.  They were not happy about it at all.  But we made do.  They had fun sledding still even with their makeshift clothing. 

About a week after that,  Reagan asked me what was stealing.  I told her that stealing was when someone takes something that is not theirs.  In response, she says to me, "Like when the other people took our snow clothes?"  I told her no, stealing is taking something on purpose.  What happened at the cabin was just an accident.  She understood, I think.



Then we came home for a happening evening of games and food.  It was fun.  We watched the ball drop at 10pm and went to bed.

With a new year, comes new goals right?  I think so.  I made up my list of goals that I would like to work on for the year.  And that is just what I doing, working on them. 

No comments: