Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Birthday Girl

Reagan was excited to be turning 6.  She has thought about what kind of cake she wanted me to make for months now.  She finally decided on a Strawberry Shortcake Cake.  She went to school.  It was I day.  Which means you bring something that starts with the letter I.  Since it was her birthday on I day, she took ice cream.  (Explanation below).  She wanted hot dogs for her birthday dinner.  Jaxon came down with the stomach flu the night before so I talked her into French toast (with homemade french bread) and sausage.  It was a much better choice.  She got a dress from Gramma Carter, a dollhouse from Gramma Crandall, and clothes and a jewelry beading set from us.  When asked how her birthday was, she replied "good, maybe too good".  Glad to know we did not disappoint.  She got the stomach flu the following day. 




We celebrated with cake on the Sunday before with Kadri's birthday too.  Kadri is Reagan's cousin who was turning 2.

Explanation 1:  I bought ice cream cups to the school and put them in the freezer.  I told the substitute teacher exactly where they were and what they were for.  When I went to pick Reagan up, I asked if she had the left over ice cream, she said they ate it all and that there wasn't enough and the teacher had to go the lunch room to get more.  I asked why there wasn't enough.  I had bought 36 cups for 24 children, in my eye plenty.  Well, I went to the freezer where I put them and they were all still there.  The teacher had got the half opened box of ice cream sandwiches and when she didn't have enough then went to the lunch room to get more.  I am not sure of whose those were but they are gone now.  Sorry.  She probably thought I was out of my mind for not bringing enough.  It was a little frustrating. 

Explanation 2:  I got the jewelry box of yes 10,000 beads because it was cheaper than buying them all separately.  They are sooo tiny.  I need reading glasses to see the hole and I have good vision.  Can't wait till they are all over the floor.  The kicker of it all is she can't really do it herself.  So I have to help her or do it for her.  I told Brian that I didn't buy them for me.  So beware when you buy a jewelry set.

No comments: