Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Change

The last few weeks I have been reflecting upon the seasons and time of year.  I see everyone's gratitude posts on facebook.  I am truly grateful for so many things.  As I think about all of those things I fell such an overwhelming feeling of gratitude.  I feel so blessed.  I try to teach my kids to be grateful and it is hard to understand when everything you see is what you have.  For example, I try to teach my kids that there are people who have no home, no clothes, no food and that we have so much.  I feel we have excess of everything, we have 2 cars to drive, more clothes and food than we probably really need, a great house to live and that has heat.  We have great jobs, opportunities to attend school, anyway I could go on and on.  But the point of all of this is:  As we approach the holiday season, let us try to make a sacrifice on our part for someone who may not have as much as we do.  It could be locally, internationally, wherever you may want.  I know this can be hard, but I also know the blessing that will come from giving of yourself are immense. 

Jaxon, my 4 year old, when we were talking about this, I asked him what he thought he could do, if he would be willing to give something up of his.  He looked at me and told he could give his train set to somebody that didn't have toys.  Keep in mind, he just got this train set last year for Christmas.  It was easy for him.  I kept asking him questions to make sure he knew what he was doing and his response was, " Can I just play with it one more time?"

I was overwhelmed with everything I think, that he didn't have to think twice about it.  He said that that is what Jesus would want him to do.  I know that the kids these days come stronger in spirit to withstand the temptations of Satan.  It may not be that easy for everyone or even myself but we can do it. 

If you are looking for something check out this blog Here about a simple sticker project to help kids in Argentina.  I know the girl who is spearheading this and it is such a great way to help.

In other news,  I got released from being in the Primary Presidency.  This time around it has been almost 3 years.  Total time in primary since I got married:  approximately 9 years.  I have been married for just 10 years.  I wrote 5 primary programs.  It was easy for me.  It was kind of a relief, I thought.  Until I got my new calling and now I may want to go back.  I am now the teacher of the 14 year old for Sunday school.  I looked at the curriculum.  It is new for the youth, with not really a lesson plan.  It is teaching as the Savior taught, guided by the spirit.  After looking at it, I was overwhelmed and decided I want to go back to primary.  That was where I knew what I was doing, I was comfortable, it was easy, second nature.  But I also know there wasn't much growth there for me right now and I need the change.  I have known I have needed the change for awhile and really tried to have a better attitude about it and change.  I felt like I did better the last few months.  Well I got that change and I am uncomfortable and it will be good for me and I will grow.

Good Things
1.   Change
2.  Growth
3.  Learning through the eyes of a child

No comments: