Thursday, February 28, 2013

Children

Sometimes I get frustrated about the best way to teach or handle my children's tantrums.  Brian and I have been not really knowing what to do with Jaxon and kindergarten.  He has a super late birthday (August) and we have not been sure if we should put him in kindergarten or not.  I have asked a lot of people about what to do and they have given my suggestions.  We have gone back and forth for months about it.  I am probably worrying way too much about this.  Oh well.  Some days I feel that he needs to be held back and three days later I feel that there is no way I can hold him back.  He is bored at home, loves school, and seems to be mostly on top of things... I think.  Well a few weeks ago I happen to ask the kindergarten teacher who happens to be in our ward what her thoughts on the subject were. 

The Best advice I ever got.  She simply said to me, "Ask the Lord, he will know what to do with His child".  I thought,  genius.  Anyway, since that day, I have given this a lot of thought.  I get advice about my children a fair amount,  I ask around maybe someone else has been through something similiar.  I have read parenting books and so forth.  But since she told me this, I have thought, Do I ask the Lord first?  I should.  He knows my children better than I know my children.  He has entrusted me in their care, why shouldn't I ask him.  He is all knowing.  So I am going to try to make a better effort of asking the Lord for help in my parenting.  They are His children too and I should go to Him first.

Good Things
1.  Realization
2.  Holy Ghost
3.  A Loving Heavenly Father

1 comment:

Shine said...

Brooke, The past two nights, I have been so frustrated with Andy that I end the day in tears with a blood pressure around 180/99...and I wish that was an exaggeration. I stumbled on this post and immediately felt relief. Thank you for writing it down and reminding me to talk to my Heavenly Father about our children! :)