Monday, November 18, 2013

Gratitude

W have been busy but that is no excuse for not keeping up.  Summer has come and gone and school has started.  As has the first parent teacher conference and it is almost thanksgiving.  I have been caught up or consumed with things I which I have no control.  It is hard to let go of those things some times.  Things that we want and can't have or The Lord does not see fit to give us right now.  And with that comes angst in not getting those things.  But in time my heart has settled and has been pacified all through the Lord's own way.  It is a good thing he know what is best for each of us and he truly does.  He knows us far better than we know ourselves.  He knows how to succor us and fill our hearts with peace and gratitude.

With that succor I have felt that peace and gratitude.  I have decided to move forward with a grateful heart in knowing I have two wonderfully amazing children who truly are bests friends.  The are over two years apart but are the same heart and it has become an every outing question if they are twins.  Maybe they are in spirit?  We went to parent teacher conference only to be told that our children our polite and kind and want to help everyone they can.  We walked away thinking we may be doing something right in this whole parenting adventure.  ( sometimes I think the politeness and manners end when they walk in the door to our home). We are working on that.  They are doing great in school and and they love it.  What a relief.  So knowing that I may not have any more children but that I have two great children with me through this life journey and a wonderful husband to join us will make the reunion with our heavenly children that much sweeter.  And what a sweet reunion it will be.

I truly have so many blessings.  I think of the sweet people in the Philippines suffering right now and wish I could help them, hug them, heal them, and I will through prayer.  And hope that they can feel those prayers from around the world.

So if you are suffering In any way, please know that you are not the only one with trials.  We all have them, we all struggle to bear our burdens and through the power of the atonement we can be lifted.  We can feel that peace and comfort from our Savior Jesus Christ.  I know I have and I continue to feel that each day through the eyes of my family and feeling that gratitude in my heart.

Great things
Peace
Children
Feeling the love of The Lord

2 comments:

Par 5 said...

Thanks Brooke! I love your last two posts. I have always appreciated the humility I feel when I'm faced with trials. It seems to open my eyes and feel more empathy towards others who are struggling, or going through trials of their own. I'm thankful that things don't always turn out the way I want them to, because I don't think I would rely so much on Heavenly Father, or the Atonement, or my testimony. Thanks for your example of strength!

Shine said...

:) You are simply wonderful. I love this post.