Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Spring

I just wanted to tell everyone that today was such a beautiful day. My garden is planted and growing. I have planted perennials in my flower beds, the tulips, daffodils, hyacinths are blooming, the trees are starting to leaf out and bloom, my strawberries are blooming which means fruit soon, the lawn is green and I love to mow it, for some reason it is very therapeutic and of course....the weeds are in full rage too. Anyway today was just a beautiful day. I got a lot of things done. I took Jaxon to the DR again. It is starting to be really a part of my life. The antibiotics weren't really working and his ear infection is worse. We are trying to figure out if Jaxon has allergies too.

Well first, I was up at 5:30 because the boy was awake. I fed him a bottle and he went to sleep for about 3 minutes. I finally got up and put him in the truck, went and cleaned the office and went to Home Depot to get burning bushes and mulch. After the dr I spent the afternoon mulching my flowerbeds and planting flowers. Still more to plant. I love warm weather.

Good Things
1. Beauty of the Earth
2. Insurance
3. To know that God loves me.

Lately I have been feeling very unsettled. I am not sure why. Angst is a great way to describe it. So I have decided that I need to be doing more scripture reading, temple attending, and really just appreciating what I have and being genuinely thankful for it. Sometimes I get so obsessed with the things I am looking for and want that I don't really take the time to look around at what I have and be grateful for it. Happiness is a state of mind, it is not on the other side of the fence. I really am so blessed in my life to live where I do, married to who I am, and have so many opportunities in life that I should be really and truly grateful because so many have so much less. So I am trying to focus on a new attitude of appreciation. Life may not be great and blissful at all times but we have so many experiences to glean from when the times are tough. So here is my new mantra about the whining and to just be grateful for the everyday blessings. Recently in RS they gave a monthly calendar. At the end of each day we are supposed to right something down in the corresponding date how the Lord have blessed us that day or how we have the love of the Lord that day. It really makes you think. I encourage you all 2 viewers of my blog to get a calendar and do it. At the end of the month look back and see how the Lord loves and blesses us.

3 comments:

Janetlee said...

Hmmm...how interesting that you made the comments you did on the same day I called to whine to your sister Ashlee about some angst I was feeling. Some good advice....from both of you. Thanks.

Kristine said...

Brooke, that was a great post, just what I needed to hear. I did a "grateful journal" for several months but stopped doing it awhile ago. I think I've noticed the difference. You're right. I'll get started on it again. Thanks for being so great!

Becki R said...

I love that calendar idea! Thanks for sharing! And you are right, we all have a lot to be grateful for, sometimes it is just harder to see. :)