Tuesday, October 6, 2009

ARGH!

Is that how you spell that? Jaxon is 14 months old learned to climb today. I am not very happy. I never believed in baby proofing the house. Well, I have never had a Jaxon before. Reagan got into stuff but it was the measuring cups and the lids to my containers. And occasionally the sugar and the flour. That has been moved. Jaxon plays in the toilet and the paper, pulls everything out from under the bathroom cabinet, throws things in the toilet and tub. He gets out the pan lids and everything off the lazy susan, opens the drawer beneath the oven and stands in it, climbs onto the couches, rocking chair and today he discovered he can crawl onto Reagan's bed, the table chairs and once on the chairs onto the table and once on is King of the house. He was really pleased with himself...until he fell off. But he did not learn quickly. He is a determined child and got right back up there. I was hoping I had a few more months before the madness began but it is here. And...I have gone mad myself I think. Hopefully the crib is not next and he can live there for a long more time. So tomorrow while Reagan is at school I will be helping Ashlee while she gets a massage and going to Wally's to invest in some hopefully childproof cupboard locks. I am not sure what to do about the table. Hopefully I don't end up making trips to the dreaded ER. I have already been there once with him and I didn't like it and I don't want to do it again. The trip there last time was unrelated. Anyway, I hope you all had a great day.

Good things
1. Bedtime (my favorite time of day)
2. Jaxon did get up and climb again I guess
3. I am really struggling for three things today is just a 2 good thing day and that is pushing it.

2 comments:

Mike and Shara said...

Brooke, that's terrible! Thank goodness for bedtime.

I knew some people who had to hide their chairs in a locked room to prevent their kid from climbing all over the table. It was kinda funny to go to their house and they would run to a bedroom to grab a chair to sit on. Whatever works!

Mike and Megan said...

I have no advice for you, just wanted to say I'm sorry for the stress and I REALLY hope you have a better day!!! It's much funner when kids do the cute fun things, not the things that make us want to pull our hair out. Maybe tomorrow will be filled with those, for a little balance. Good luck!