Thursday, January 21, 2010

Going So Far

So far in my effort to not consume, it has gone pretty well. I did purchase a couple of things but they were not clothing or home decor items. Something for the computer and something for the car seats. I probably have save a lot already. I am planning on purchasing a spinning bike in an effort to be healthy. I am thinking about finding a hobby or a class to take to find something else to do with my free alone time. I figured since I am not consuming wandering the mall is not such a great hobby whether I buy something or not.

Good Things
1. Heading to Grandma's
2. Clean kitchens
3. Free time

So how are all of you doing with your goals?

4 comments:

terra said...

Buying a spinning bike. Just go to the gym on your free time. However, maybe you are more motivated than I. I can not exercise at home. I always think I will, but I don't. Good job on not consuming.

Janetlee said...

I did a spinning class this morning. It is my third one. This is what I have to say about it: Spinning is not for whimps! Very challenging. The leader kept saying, "You are in a race and now we are moving from 3rd to second place...starting now!" I hope she didn't notice I was in 27th place and that is where I stayed.

Keep going Brooke! sounds great.

Heidi said...

You are doing great! I have gone to the cash only method of paying for things...that helps me to only buy what I can pay for right now. I actually have $20 left over this month! And the greatest thing for me is that I don't have to figure out the credit card bills! I am determined to keep to my goal and hopefully, I will have more money to tuck away for fun things like Lagoon this summer :)

The Hartley Family said...

Good job Brooke! I am trying hard to follow your example, less spending and exercise. SO far so good, but it is is still Jan. Keep it up!